Project Market Updates • Government Support & CFDs • Fixed Foundations • Floating Foundations • Securing Investment • Cables & Grids • Turbines • O&M • Vessels & Access • Deeper Water, Further Offshore Perspective • Supply Chain • Health & Safety • Installation
A One-Day Conference & Networking Event, 7th March 2017, Museum of London Docklands.
Download The Brochure Here.
08.30 Registration – Morning Coffee & Objective Setting
08.45 Speed Networking: Meet and swap business cards with fellow attendees – make new connections before the conference begins.
09.00 GIC Welcome, Interactive Voting & Chair’s Opening Remarks
Head of UK Offshore Sales
PROJECT MARKET UPDATES – DOUBLE PERSPECTIVE
09.15 Reduce Costs & Optimise Performance By Harnessing Project Feedback, Learnings & Technological Innovations For Commercially-Successful Wind Farms Today
- What innovative and proven installation approaches can we take to increase cost efficiency and deliver projects on time?
- How do we know costs are falling? An overview of current prices, key market differences and the primary drivers for future cost reduction
- What are the growth opportunities in today’s challenging market and how can the industry continue to thrive in the years to come post-Brexit?
- Harness the practical takeaways, hands-on learnings and avoid the key project pitfalls in order to further drive down costs across all wind farms
09.35 Andy Lewin
Head of Innovation Projects
Offshore Renewable Energy Catapult
PROJECT MARKET UPDATES – DEEPER WATER PERSPECTIVE
09.35 Deeper Water, Further Offshore Perspective
- With higher wind speeds, strict timelines and greater distances and depth, what are the latest practical lessons in delivering projects on time and on budget?
- What are the limits of conventional techniques? What are the cost- or time-saving efficiencies to exploit during the installation process?
- What does the future hold for deeper water offshore wind farms? The latest project updates and news from industry leaders regarding market maturity, performance and potential
Martin Benoni Hindmarch
Principal Engineer in Offshore Wind Turbine Generators
GOVERNMENT SUPPORT & CFDS – PANEL DISCUSSION
09.55 Thinking, Planning, Funding: Government Insight & Strategy Regarding The Future Of Offshore Wind Development In Challenging & Uncertain Market Conditions
- What’s the current thinking? A look to the government timelines regarding CFDs, where the market may be going and the future cost of energy predictions
- What level of support does the government expect to provide regarding finance and structure over the next 5-10 years?
- Thoughts and insights on what can be done by the industry to improve funding application successes in the future
Specialist, Offshore Wind
Department for International Trade
10.25 Informal Networking Break, Morning Refreshments & Developer Clinics
Developing with developers! Meet with developers in small groups during the networking break to get into their mindsets and improve collaboration through shared learnings and experiences
10.55 Low-Cost, High-Performance Fixed Foundations: An Update On The Latest Concepts & Designs Which Maximise Long-Term Potential
- Innovation: The latest technical updates and practical experiences on minimising costs and overcoming barriers with new technologies
- Installation: From design to deployment, what are the new, innovative and proven foundation technologies and techniques which make installation cost effective and easier to install?
- O&M: Optimise foundation design to prevent corrosion and other setbacks to minimise long-term maintenance costs
Director of Energy & Power
11.15 Proven Floating Foundation Innovations, Technologies & Developments Which Drive Down Costs & Boost Offshore Wind Performance & Investment Prospects
- Innovation: What new systems are out there? Can they operate in the same wind speeds and wave sizes and prove themselves as worthy frontrunners in the next generation of turbines?
- Installation: Where are the industry breakthroughs? The latest design features and installation lessons which have showcased the viability of floating foundations – from costs to technical challenges
- Cabling: A look at the practical cabling elements to consider when installing floating foundations – how can we optimise performance and mitigate against cable fatigue?
Senior Engineering Underwriter
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
Senior Risk Engineer
Swiss Re Corporate Solutions
DEVELOPER & ENERGY COMPANY INSIGHT
11.35 Low-Cost, High-Performance Fixed Foundations: An Update On The Latest Concepts & Designs Which Maximise Long-Term Potential
- What drives developer selection strategies when looking to contract suppliers and how can suppliers increase their chances of securing contracts?
- Understanding developer forecasts and timelines to increase collaboration, maximise efficiencies and develop commercially- viable projects
- What innovative strategies are there to drive down project costs together and optimise performance?
Director in Charge of Wind, Hydro & Geothermal Power
More Developers To Be Announced – Please See Website For Detail
VESSELS & ACCESS
12.05 From Construction, To Installation, To O&M: Aligning Vessels & Access Capability With Future Project Needs Whilst Reducing Costs & Boosting Efficiency
- Do offshore platforms provide a viable alternative for improving access and accommodation options for offshore wind?
- Getting people on board with getting people on board: assessing the cost effectiveness of (and the practical lessons learned from) projects using the walk-to-work scheme
- Is there a future for helicopters in offshore wind? Considering the safety concerns and logistical difficulties associated with newer means of access
- From installation to long-term operations, what are the vessel challenges and technologies we need to keep an eye on for the future?
- How can we effectively benchmark and monitor vessel performance?
Dan Kyle Spearman
Associate, Innovation – Offshore Wind Accelerator
The Carbon Trust
12.25 Lunch & Informal Networking For Delegates, Partners & Speakers
12.55 Lunchtime Seminars & Informal Peer-To-Peer Discussions:
A) Cost-Saving Reductions
B) Health & Safety
Head of HSE
C) Floating Foundations
D) Cables & Grids
13.25 Afternoon Chairman’s Remarks
SECURING INVESTMENT – DOUBLE PERSPECTIVE & Q&A PANEL
13.40 What Do Investors & Lenders Want? A Look At What Makes Projects, Cost-Saving Efficiencies & Technologies Appealing In Today’s Market
- Ensure your project ticks all of the boxes for investors and lenders to secure capital and protect your revenue stream
- How can you maximise the likelihood of success for your project finance strategy?
- How does the finance industry see the future of offshore wind and are there any future developments likely to spur or halt growth?
13.40 Perspective One
Head of Project & Corporate Finance
14.00 Perspective Two
14.15 Perspective Two
Galloper Offshore Wind Farm
14.20 14.35 Sessions Followed By Q&A Panel
Business Development Manager
Project Manager – Turbines
Head of M&A & Project Finance
Head of Power & Renewables
Infrastructure & Real Estate Group HSBC
MD – Global Head of Power
14.50 Reduce Lifetime Spend & Improve Efficiency With Cutting-Edge Turbine Technologies, Installation & Day-To-Day Experiences
- Innovation: As the rotors become increasingly bigger, what are the practical learnings and experiences we can draw upon to accommodate newer technologies?
- O&M: Optimising blade maintenance regimes to enhance yield performance, minimise the amount of O&M trips required and maintain financially-viable whole-life costs
- Installation: Utilising hands-on experiences with wind turbine installation to save costs from design to deployment
14.50 Markus Rieck
Global and Key Account Director
GE Renewable Energy
15.10 David Guiu
Deputy Chief Commercial Officer
15.30 Informal Networking Break & Afternoon Refreshments
O&M – DOUBLE PERSPECTIVE
16.00 Winning Operational & Maintenance Innovations & Techniques Which Reduce Costs & Optimise Performance Across Wind Farm Projects, Long Term
- What innovative strategies and technologies are today’s projects employing to reduce costs in the O&M phase?
- Best-in-class examples of collaborative efficiencies between construction and O&M teams to boost productivity, reduce wasted time and minimise long-term costs
- Advice on keeping realistic budgetary requirements front of mind to accommodate the necessary funds needed to fix corrosion and other long-term maintenance issues
16.00 Perspective One
Marine & Logistics Manager
16.20 Perspective Two
Head of Renewables
16.40 Chairman’s Closing Remarks & Official Close Of Conference
For more information on how to get involved in The Offshore Wind Conference, please email email@example.com or call +44 (0)20 3479 2299.